lundi 28 juin 2010

Salut tout le monde!

Bon matin de Paris! Actually, it is 11h30 here, but I still consider it morning. Even though I was up since 8h. But I digress. I have to make this a very short entry as I have a concert to go to in less than an hour. After a good night's rest (finally!!!!) I woke up around 8h and got out of the apartment by 10h. I was lazy today and took longer than usual with my makeup. So? :) Well, here is a picture of my look this morning, which is nothing special. But the Revlon ColorStay Foundation is a wonder!!! It makes my skin look flawless (almost) and God knows I have enough redness to become a traffic stoplight. For any women (American unfortunately) reading the blog and wondering about good cheap foundation - I would highly recommend this one.

But, again, I digress. I meant to take you all through a photo journey of the Rue Mouffetard, but I learned, unfortunately, that Monday mornings are the slowest of the week for the French people. So, nothing was going on down there ... and my coffee shop was closed!! :( Quelle horreur!!! But the real cool thing about this street is that it is apparently the oldest street in Paris!! Here are the facts people - straight from French Wikipedia: "Il s'agit d'une des rues les plus anciennes de Paris, probablement tracée du temps Romains des au 1ème siècle."

I went without coffee yesterday and I didn't end up too happy (explained in the next post) so I searched the street looking for un café au lait. Ended up buying one at a pâtisserie. And also a sweet little confection as well: a macaron!!! One bite and I was in heaven. It was vanilla flavored one, by the by. Thwre is a picture of it further down. I don't know how I managed to get it home and get a picture of it before I attacked it. And there is still half left to enjoy at a later date!!! Mmmmmm....

I also had to go grocery shopping as well, so I went to Monoprix!!! Here is a picture of my purchases! Man, am I ever living an exciting life ...

On the left is a bottle of orange juice (1€58), on the right is a HUGE bottle of Kroenenburg (1€46), and in the middle is vanilla yougurt (1€89). I was going to buy some hand soap, but the minute I saw this huge bottle of beer I did an exchange. So, you can all see where my loyalties lie! ;) And it will take me forever to drink it, so I consider it a good purchase. And not too expensive for the whole lot either... And do you see what's on top of my yogurt. Only my macaron!!!!
Crunch exterior, light and fluffy interior - and sandwiched between the two cookies is a light and sweet cream. It was/is soooo good!!!! I think one of these days I will have to go to Laudrée (on the Champs Élysées) which apparently offers the best in the world. Bound to be as expensive as hell, but I am sure they will be an orgasm in a little wrapper.

I have to cut it off here as there is a concert at the Musée national du Moyen Age (or the Cluny). God, the French really, really love long names. This is the program: L’heure musicale : Le temps de l’amour courtois (XIIe-XIIIe siècle) par « Eia! » (45mn) Yes, I am very excited. And it's only 5€ for me!!! I will let you know what I think later this afternoon.

And I saw this beauty of a dress while window shopping. I don't know how much it costs or what its made out of, but I want it!!!

À Bientôt!!!!




1 commentaire:

  1. You know who else would love to hear that concert, don't you??? I'll give you a hint, it's not me. The dress is beautiful. We will definitely have to meet up some time. I leave for Wales September 24th and will be over there until December 18th. I haven't figured out my return flight after my winter break. I'll let you know. I have to be back before January 18th.
    Amuse-toi à Paris!
    Jen

    RépondreSupprimer